Tosoh SMD, Inc. is a global leader in semiconductor materials. Our superior products help customers introduce cutting edge technologies that make our lives easier and move us into the future. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility and materials laboratory located in Grove City, OH manages the entire life cycle of our products, including supply chain development, research and development, manufacturing, testing and distribution.
Our innovative and devoted team of scientists, engineers, metallurgical experts, manufacturers and managers continuously collaborate and strategize to improve and create new materials for a wide range of customers' semiconductor needs. These products are used in many final applications like automotive, mobile devices, computers, artificial intelligence, 5G networks and industrial automation. As one of over 100 Tosoh Corporation's family of companies our motto is "We Make the Material That Makes Your Devices Work".
The Category Manager reports to the Director of Global Operations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute Commodity Strategy for SMD. This commodity strategy would support the SMD team from a customer, sales and marketing, manufacturing, quality and financial position of the business.
- Keep abreast of market trends, changes in business practices, availability of material and shifts in the supply chain that could affect Tosoh’s ability to meet customer requirements.
- Work closely with new product development to understand new material introductions and start developing the commodity strategy and supplier strategy at inception.
- Identify and qualify new suppliers on a commercial and technical capabilities basis.
- Work with engineering and quality to develop specifications as assure technical competencies of suppliers.
- Identify solutions to improve profitability by process improvements, reducing the quantity of raw materials waste from production and, identify changes in the form of raw material, subcontractors used and internal processes.
- Evaluate sourcing recommendations with total cost of ownership as the guide.
- Negotiate contracts, purchasing, and assist where needed in expediting deliveries of assigned commodity.
- Insure suppliers accept and adhere to all requirements defined by Tosoh and its customers.
- Assist in compliance to all internal procedures as well as drive metrics and communications to the supplier, such as supplier scorecard and supplier performance with input from the Buyer/Planner.
- Assist in developing processes that insure compliance to customer quality audits.
- Take a leadership role in supplier audits.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Materials or at least 10 years working in a procurement function where required skills were utilized.
- 5 Years work experience in semi-conductor is a plus.
- ISM Certification (Institute for Supply Management) (NAPM) a plus.
Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of metals sales and distribution.
- Demonstrated project management capability
- Exceptional proven negotiation skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills. Individual shall possess the ability to “command a room”, be able to concisely deliver both written and verbal communication that ensures all parties fully understand both the content as well as expectations.
- International experience in locating and developing suppliers.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Experience in implementing and monitoring quality systems and process controls.
- Demonstrated success interacting with engineers and production staff
- Demonstrated Leadership capabilities, both in leading a team such as a supplier audit team or new material approval team and in driving suppliers to meet commitments per agreed upon terms.
- Technologically savvy, able to utilize various tools to communicate, analyze, research, suppliers and their capabilities. IFS experience a strong plus
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand and walk for brief periods of time.
Tosoh SMD, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans