Tosoh SMD, Inc. is a global leader in semiconductor materials. Our superior products help customers introduce cutting edge technologies that make our lives easier and move us into the future. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility and materials laboratory located in Grove City, OH manages the entire life cycle of our products, including supply chain development, research and development, manufacturing, testing and distribution.
Our innovative and devoted team of scientists, engineers, metallurgical experts, manufacturers and managers continuously collaborate and strategize to improve and create new materials for a wide range of customers' semiconductor needs. These products are used in many final applications like automotive, mobile devices, computers, artificial intelligence, 5G networks and industrial automation. As one of over 100 Tosoh Corporation's family of companies our motto is "We Make the Material That Makes Your Devices Work".
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as the Supply Chain Logistics representative for Tosoh SMD, Inc. and plan/monitor inbound and outgoing deliveries.
- Select carries for transportation and negotiate rates and contracts with the carriers.
- Communicate with customers and address any concerns; manage customer expectations.
- Provide logistical information about products and services to customers.
- Respond to and resolve complaints and issues.
- Collaborate with various cross-functional partners such as the areas of accounting, marketing, and sales to better serve the customers needs.
- Review weekly shipping reports to monitor the flow of goods and item progress.
- Provide comparison reports detailing business logistics, such as shipping progress, returns, and delivery schedules by month/year.
- Communicate with internal and external partners to coordinate receipt of goods and track production timing.
- Collaborate with Purchasing Manager on inventory and purchase orders needed to support customer orders.
- Recommend potential products or services to management by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs.
- Ensure the necessary resources and tools are available for quality customer service delivery.
- Research ideal shipping carriers, routes and rates, and any changes to them.
- Provide continual evaluation of customer service-related processes and procedures to suggest methods to improve operations, efficiency, and service to both internal and external customers.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain, or relevant field.
- 10+ years of experience.
- 5+ years of experience in a managerial role is preferred.
- Bachelors degree preferred in business administration, logistics, OR equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience working in logistical customer support in the manufacturing industry.
- Prior supply chain work experience is required.
- Proficiency interacting in a highly professional and effective manner with customers and coworkers.
- Highly effective problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Highly effective organizational and time management skills.
- Effective interpersonal, organizational, leadership and communication skills.
- Commitment to quality, accuracy, and service.
- Proficiency and demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office software, email applications, and Customer Service software.
- The Senior Supply Chain Specialist performs desk-based computer tasks including frequent typing. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to verbally communicate with others over the phone. The Senior Supply Chain Specialist must be able to travel by auto and air, including international travel.
Tosoh SMD, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans