Tosoh SMD, Inc. is a global leader in semiconductor materials. Our superior products help customers introduce cutting edge technologies that make our lives easier and move us into the future. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility and materials laboratory located in Grove City, OH manages the entire life cycle of our products, including supply chain development, research and development, manufacturing, testing and distribution.
Our innovative and devoted team of scientists, engineers, metallurgical experts, manufacturers and managers continuously collaborate and strategize to improve and create new materials for a wide range of customers' semiconductor needs. These products are used in many final applications like automotive, mobile devices, computers, artificial intelligence, 5G networks and industrial automation. As one of over 100 Tosoh Corporation's family of companies our motto is "We Make the Material That Makes Your Devices Work".
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Supervisor of the CPS Department and will contribute to the overall success and safety of the employees and contractors working in the department.
- Provide leadership, expertise, support and problem-solving on a daily basis while continuing to maintain a high level of personal productivity and performance.
- Will perform a wide variety of CPS activities on a daily basis as needed to achieve department output goals and customer needs.
- Will anticipate, monitor, and resolve any issues that may impeded the flow of product through the department and the on-time shipment of product to customers.
- Will monitor the shipping schedule for the changes and for expedited orders.
- Will be an example of positive, productive performance.
- Will assure adequate personnel coverage and capability on all shifts.
- Will provide specific CPS training to CPS employees, contractors and other personnel as needed prior to shipment.
- Check backlog/dispatch list/hot list to ensure parts ship on time.
- Need to learn Backlog_Peg_So.
- Work closely with people to see and get a feel for what they want to accomplish at Tosoh – how do you think they should work to be a better employee.
- Help to train others in new area and help to train new people.
- Work with the new machinists when training them in CPS.
- Teach Visual Inspection Guidelines to others.
- Take leadership role in the IFS system and the scanning/barcode system.
- Be involved in CPS projects such as lifting devices.
- Help to arrange and organize the area; moving items if necessary.
- Help to improve tie-ins and communication between off shifts in CPS and communication between CPS and customer service and scheduling.
- Help to reduce/eliminate MRBs with dings and scratches.
- Help sub-contract employees achieve goals.
- Other related duties.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have understanding of all functions that comprise the activities of the CPS Department
- Must be fully trained, qualified and proficient in the Finished Goods area and at least 4 other CPS functions.
- Must have demonstrated records of consistency safe and positive TSMS job performance.
- Ability and willingness to effectively anticipate, prevent and resolve problems
- Highly effective communication skills and the ability and willingness to effectively train others.
- Proficiency with software applications related to inventory scheduling order processing procedures word processing and spreadsheets.
- Must be able to stand, sit, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds frequently.
- Frequent bending/twisting required.
Tosoh SMD, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans