Tosoh SMD, Inc. is a global leader in semiconductor materials. Our superior products help customers introduce cutting edge technologies that make our lives easier and move us into the future. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility and materials laboratory located in Grove City, OH manages the entire life cycle of our products, including supply chain development, research and development, manufacturing, testing and distribution.
Our innovative and devoted team of scientists, engineers, metallurgical experts, manufacturers and managers continuously collaborate and strategize to improve and create new materials for a wide range of customers' semiconductor needs. These products are used in many final applications like automotive, mobile devices, computers, artificial intelligence, 5G networks and industrial automation. As one of over 100 Tosoh Corporation's family of companies our motto is "We Make the Material That Makes Your Devices Work".
The scheduled shift for this role is Sunday - Thursday 2:00PM-10:00PM.
This role is also eligible for a 10% Shift Differential.
Essential Job Functions:
- Setup, operate, and maintain fabrication equipment according to specifications, including but not limited to: hydraulic presses (up to 7500 Ton), rolling mills and annealing furnaces.
- Use dies and flat blocks to forge metals of various types, purities, and alloys in the manufacture of sputtering targets.
- Operate forklifts and other material handling equipment to safely load/unload dies and parts to and from presses.
- Utilize measurement tools and CMM's to ensure product specifications are met within allowable tolerances.
- Multitask in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment to accomplish an efficient work flow.
- Perform daily recordkeeping, paperwork and electronic data entry.
- Follow Procedures, Standard Work and Job Instructions. Contribute to revisions to procedures when necessary.
- Contribute to a positive working culture where teamwork and dedication to quality and safety are paramount values.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years experience working on hydraulic presses in a production environment is preferred.
- Certifications in Hydraulics, Tool & Die Making, and/or other related trades are preferred.
- Good mechanical aptitude with the ability to perform basic problem solving.
- Ability and willingness to read, understand, and accurately follow all procedures and schedules.
- Ability and willingness to work effectively and safely as part of a team.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 pounds and the ability to work in hot environments.
- Computer skills and understanding of basic metallurgy are a plus.
- Experience leading teams is preferred.
- The shift for this position is Friday, Saturday, and Sunday 6pm to 6am
TSMD is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans