Tosoh SMD, Inc. is a global leader in semiconductor materials for the electronics, aeronautics and medical industries. Our superior products help our customers introduce new technologies that make consumers lives easier and move us into the future. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility and materials laboratory located in Grove City, OH manages the entire life cycle of all our products including supply chain development, research and development, manufacturing, testing and distribution.
The regular schedule for this role is 2nd Shift - Monday through Friday, 2:00PM-10:00PM.
This role is also eligible for a 10% Shift Differential.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as the area morale champion, and mentors employees.
- Runs multiple pieces of equipment within a given area(s), this includes test equipment related to job.
- Capable of performing all setup required on equipment in a given area(s) (engraver, CMM, leak detector).
- Work with and mentors operators, supervisors, and engineering to optimize manufacturing processes, this includes:
- Cost reduction
- Quality improvements
- Cycle time reduction
- Operational efficiency performance
- 5s Standards
- Works with appropriate parties to optimize fixturing and tooling.
- Acts as the trainer of processes and a valued training resource.
- Sets up and works out any programming issues on R&D/manufacturing parts.
- Self-starter that works well with minimum supervision.
- Leads and follow-through on projects to completion using skills and resources.
- Adheres to and ensures compliance of all safety regulations and requirements.
- Provides leadership and direction to manufacturing operations in place of or supplemental to Manufacturing Supervisor.
- Supports the Manufacturing Supervisor in completing staff performance appraisals as an additional contributor.
- Helps investigate and do root cause analysis & training with team members on scrap due to operator error.
- Exhibits flexibility and positivity when assigned new tasks and projects.
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance.
- Exhibits flexibility and positivity when assigned new
- Minimum education is a high school diploma or equivalent.
Skills and Qualifications
- Preferred experience is at least 5 years of verifiable and concentrated experience in the setup of complex machine tools and equivalent equipment.
- Demonstrated the ability to make others in the area(s) better through training and a willingness to share knowledge gained through Tosoh SMD, or previous experience.
- Must adhere to and embody the Tosoh culture and Code of Conduct.
- Must have a proven quality record. This includes parts run to nominal of print or setup sheet. Rework/non-conformance parts are not considered to be quality.
- Must follow and understand JI, SW, related procedures.
- Must demonstrate good planning capabilities.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Have not been in Performance Improvement Process during the last one review period.
- Cannot have documented instances where procedures were not followed without consulting the proper resources within the last review period.
- Demonstrated effectiveness as process instructor and recognized proven as expert by peers on equipment or processes.
- Must be able to handle all typical situations that might be encountered and demonstrate the ability to make good fundamental decisions on their own.
- Must be able to perform all of the basic, light maintenance on the equipment that they operate as well as trouble shoot minor problems.
- Must display good leadership skills as they are the trainers and role models for the less experienced employees. Must also demonstrate the ability to train others on equipment of their expertise.
- Must display initiative and innovation. Must demonstrate skill in how to initiate and follow-up ideas on improvements.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds frequently.
- Frequent bending/twisting required.
Tosoh SMD, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans