Tosoh Bioscience, Inc., based in South San Francisco, CA is a U.S. subsidiary of Tosoh Corporation's Bioscience Division, headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. Established in the United States in 1989, Tosoh Bioscience has become known throughout the Americas for providing sophisticated diagnostic systems to doctor's offices, hospitals and reference laboratories. Tosoh remains at the forefront with a world class network of research facilities, scientists, engineers and customer support specialists.
Responsible for supervising the process of sourcing and purchasing essential materials for a businesss operations. Their duties include researching raw materials suppliers and comparing costs, negotiating purchase agreements, and developing inventory controls to identify demand for new materials.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Global Sourcing Activities
- Audit and report inventory while making recommendations on which items to order and restock
- Overseeing purchasing process including the buying and distributions of products
- Develop new strategies to streamline processes and reduce cost
- Collaborates with other departments (Regulatory, Finance, Quality & Supply Chain (Warehouse Operations & Customer Service) and the leadership team to identify and develop needs and requirements for equipment, materials, products, and acceptable substitutions.
- Effectively collaborate with regional stakeholders and global sourcing members to interpret requirements, define, develop, and implement sourcing and procurement strategies to further enhance business performance and outcomes.
- Assesses current material availability; reasonably predicts future availability based on the market, delivery systems, and other variables and applies advance sourcing & procurement best practices towards operational excellence
- Conduct RFQ's, negotiate pricing and contractual terms.
- Issue purchase orders and actively support the full procure to-pay cycle.
- Follow-up PO acknowledgement, delivery status and solve delivery problems and schedule changes. Keep ERP system updated to reflect any change.
- Improve key performance metrics such as on-time delivery, savings against budget, and cost of failure and delays.
- Develop reports, analyze spend and apply sourcing and procurement methodologies to identify opportunities for cost-reduction and cash flows improvements.
- Resolve contractual and supplier disputes where they occur, protecting the interests of the business and engaging legal Business Partners where required.
- Lead and maintain meetings, reviews and communicate about project status.
- B.S. Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Logistics or Operations or other- related field is preferred
Skills and Qualifications
- Five plus years of related experience in Global Sourcing, Purchasing, or Procurement
- Demonstrated experience with strategic sourcing, contract management, procurement processes, materials management, and supplier relationship management
- Strong analytical skills, strategic understanding of financial measurements, presentation, and ability to function and interact with a cross functional team
- Excellent leadership skills, including the ability to set goals, motivate and manage conflict
- Good project management skills, including strong decision-making, problem solving and strategic planning abilities
- Comfortable using inventory management software/ERP and other computer applications
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communications skills and aptitude in supporting diverse teams and influence cross-functionally are necessary as is the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in a regulated environment including FDA, ISO 13485, ISO 9001 is desired, but not required
Tosoh Bioscience, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans