Tosoh SMD, Inc. is a global leader in semiconductor materials. Our superior products help customers introduce cutting edge technologies that make our lives easier and move us into the future. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility and materials laboratory located in Grove City, OH manages the entire life cycle of our products, including supply chain development, research and development, manufacturing, testing and distribution.
Our innovative and devoted team of scientists, engineers, metallurgical experts, manufacturers and managers continuously collaborate and strategize to improve and create new materials for a wide range of customers' semiconductor needs. These products are used in many final applications like automotive, mobile devices, computers, artificial intelligence, 5G networks and industrial automation. As one of over 100 Tosoh Corporation's family of companies our motto is "We Make the Material That Makes Your Devices Work".
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- A contact for any building issues and emergency service calls.
- Works on small and large scale building repairs and new facility construction projects.
- Assists with maintaining building security.
- Responds to building emergencies on a 24 hour basis.
- Replace light bulbs and perform basic electrical work.
- Works to keep a clean facility at all times.
- Performs other maintenance duties as assigned by the Facilities Manager.
- Available for weekends as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years of related experience preferred.
- Overall understanding of how the facility runs and of how equipment/utilities work.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and under time constraints.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Basic computer skills.
- Experience in implementing 5S, LOTO, and other safety and cleanliness procedures.
- Direct repair experience with plumbing systems including copper, PVC, iron, and stainless pipe.
- Experience working with and repairing compressors, pumps, motors, and other mechanical equipment.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills. Ability and willingness to work independently and as an effective team member.
- Mechanical background working with industrial production machinery and facilities equipment.
- Training in pipe fitting, boilermaking, building trades, or other similar training.
- Willingness to spend extended durations on scissor lifts, boom lifts, or other elevated work platforms.
- Working knowledge of HVAC, Plumbing, and Electrical systems.
- Willingness to work with outside contractors.
- Working understanding of pressure, temperature, and/or vacuum principles is a plus.
- Effective knowledge of MS Office/computer familiarity required.
- Ability to work outside in varying weather conditions, as needed.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds frequently.
- Frequent bending/twisting required.
Tosoh SMD, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans